Major highlights and trends from Oracle OpenWorld 2017
The weather has been just amazing in San Francisco, the biggest announcement at #OOW17 has been the Oracle 18 C Autonomous database https://www.oracle.com/corporate/pressrelease/oow17-oracle-autonomous-database-100217.html
Tested the autonomous cloud database , today within the demo grounds and was impressed with no human interaction it was able to
- Self drive itself and manages performance
- Self scale without any human interaction, adds storage or computing power
- Self repair itself ex: automated protection to downtimes like corruption issues with system tables
The Oracle strategy continues in building the apps within the cloud, Here are some of the new products and features:
- Major features were added to Adaptive Intelligence that apply artificial intelligence techniques to business functions.
- Oracle AI Platform Service lets developers working with Oracle’s products create their own AI-powered applications based around Oracle’s deep learning technology.
- Users of Oracle Mobile Cloud have access to new chatbot technology they can use to automate responses to customers through mobile apps.
- Oracle updated its enterprise-resource planning and HR cloud software services with new features like improved recruiting software and streamlined accounting software.
- The last big announcement was Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service, which is designed to secure and speed up business transaction processing based around the open-source Hyperledger blockchain technology.
In my view, Oracle OpenWorld 2017 announcements will have monumental impact on companies , pressure will be growing for those companies that have 20 year apps/systems to build a cloud ecosystem and integrate it.
The continued rapid technology innovation and consumer adoption are increasing faster than IT can keep up and theyre are too many disruptors on the doorstep of the SP500 to ignore. The differentiator this time, the macro economics are driving business and IT that makes expectations from the business leaders not possible without the Cloud.