Solid articles from the best minds within the Oracle Space
Below is an excerpt of the Oracle January 2013 newsletter. It comprises of solid information with tips and tricks from Oracle ACE's.
- The AMIS White paper on Oracle OpenWorld 2012 - a 48 page summary (written in Dutch)
- ODTUG Technical Journal: Putting Your Mind at REST
- Oracle Cloud Bloud: The APEX of Business Value… or: the Business Value of APEX? Cloud takes Oracle APEX to new heights!
Other interesting posts by Lucas:
- ADF interaction with business service – an ongoing discussion
- ADF DVT: Visualizing valid periods using Project and Scheduling Gantt Charts
- Advanced SQL to find valid periods – juggling with outer joins, running totals and analytical functions
In this article, Oracle ACE Enrique Orbegozo provides steps to move contents of disk group containing ocr, voting disk and spfile to new storage array with no downtime.
Read these interesting posts written by ACE Director Randolf Geist
- DBMS_XPLAN.DISPLAY_CURSOR and Parallel Execution
- Details about the HASH JOIN BUFFERED operation that is specific to Parallel Execution
- Cost-Based Optimizer cardinality estimates when using the HAVING clause
Watch this screencast recording by ACE Director Adam Bien about load behavior Oracle's GlassFish Server.
Blog Post: Oracle BPM Process Accelerators (in Spanish)
A userful post written by Oracle ACE Rolando Carraso about Oracle BPM Process Accelerators and how Oracle has not only provided packed processes, but also a methodology, a set of best practices for deploying Oracle BPM processes.
Blog Post: Middleware on the Oracle Database Appliance?
Hot off the press here's a write up by ACE Director Simon Haslam about the new virtualization platform on the Oracle Database Appliance, including some thoughts as to how it may be used for Fusion Middleware infrastructures.
This post written by Oracle ACE Talip Hakan Ozturk describes how to enable Oracle Direct NFS and provide faster and more scalable access to NFS storage located on NAS storage devices.
Read this tutorial written by Oracle ACE Hakan Biroglu complete with sample codes and how-to's on PeopleSoft Integration Broker for the PeopleSoft Developer.
Blog Post: Setting Oracle DB to Oracle DB Golden Gate replication
An example of Oracle to Oracle replication by using Golden Gatewritten by Oracle ACE Gennady Sigalaev.
ACE Director Kent Graziano (DW/BI) has started a 3-part blog seriesto compare Data Vault modeling to other approaches to data warehousing.
SQL injection is considered to be a top ten database threat, therefore understanding these threats is very important for any company trying to secure their data. Read this post written by Oracle ACE Osama Mustafa Hussein on protecting your vulnerability and getting access to sensitive data using standard SQL statement.
In his post, Test drove Oracle Exadata X3 with the Oracle General Ledger Financial, Oracle ACE Alex Antonatos weighs in on the pros and cons and ways to embrace Exadata in your blueprint. He also provides his thoughts on the complete look on the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
Coleen Phillimore, is a Hotspot veteran and hers and the work of many others build the cornerstones of every single line of Java ever written. This is ACE Director Markus Eisele's 21st guest of the Heroes of Java series.
Other posts by Markus:
Tips and tricks on getting past through post database upgrade bug issues provided by Oracle ACE Asif Momen.
- Tags: oracle newsletter