This year’s OpenWorld expect 70000 attendees, 10 tips to maximize your conference experience
21 days to Oracle OpenWorld, the conference will officially kick off on Sunday, September 28th. This year, it is expected 70000 attendees will be in San Francisco.
Below are some tips after a decade of regular attendance as a speaker and attendee of Oracle OpenWorld.
1) Book and plan sessions as soon as possible, here is the link to the current Content Catalog list the best ones are "sold out" swiftly. Currently 2500+ sessions are available, plan what you want to learn this year and keep that in mind when registering for the session. Use the target audience information.
This year’s OpenWorld major themes will focus
- On enterprise public cloud solutions and deployment strategies.
- On the fusion applications strategy, we should expect the re-enforcement message of the co-existence model with Siebel, EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and Primavera.
- On a comprehensive enterprise big data solution with, Big Data Appliances, 12c database, NoSQL Database and Big Data SQL. Data as we all know is the lifeblood of most organizations.
- IoT – Internet of things this year , lots of new sessions in this area, here are a few:
- “Internet of Things: Analyze, Integrate, and Visualize M2M Data”
- “Extreme Performance to Drive the Internet of Things and the Smart Grid”
- “Citizen Experience and the Internet of Things”
- “Learn How to Create Your Own Java and Internet of Things Workshop”
2) 2) Don’t miss Larry’s keynote, this year he may shock us, usually he provides the big announcements and summarizes well the strategy and themes of this year’s OpenWorld.
3 3) Bring comfortable shoes. You can expect lots of walking and uncomfortable shoes can put a damper on energy very quickly.
4) 4) Visit application demo's ground a great venue because its sole focus is to demo and test new applications. Despite the fact that you will be one of many participants, from my experiences you are given great attention.
6) 5) Bring business cards for the many drawings that are often offered in the exhibit areas.
7) 6) Use Twitter at OpenWorld, tweets specific to thewill be using the following hashtag #OOW14, instant updates, specials, giveaways and comments/feedback from others at the conference.
8) 7) Take advantages of networking opportunities when you can. There is much to be learned from others from other programs and places. Join in panel discussions, ride the shuttle buses.
9) 8) Always carry your pass even at night time, many specials (discounts at restaurants and stores ~expect around 15%)
10) 9) Download the Apple or Samsung Openworld mobile application to remove the need of printing your schedule. Below link to the apple store for Iphone or Ipad:
Oracle OpenWorld is a must-attend business andTechnology conference event each year, this year with record 70000 attendees – planning and preparing will be key.
I’ll be there, and you can follow me at @AlexAntonatos. Also you can click on Contact (on the bottom right of the webpage and select schedule a meeting request a 1-1 with me or other Oracle experts in San Francisco.
On my side I am also looking forward to the following Oracle ACE activities during OpenWorld 2014:
- • Sunday, Sep 28: Annual Oracle ACE Dinner 7pm-10pm
- • Monday, Sep 29: OTN /Partners Meetup, 7-9pm
- Wednesday, Oct 1: Bloggers meetup
Have I missed any helpful tips? Leave a comment!
See you in San Francisco,